When I cut and pasted my resolutions, I left off #15 somehow. I must not have selected all or something. But it's there now... and since we're going over to Mom and Dad's house for turkey dinner tonight (with one of the turkeys from my freezer) I decided that I would bake bread.

So last night I prepared the sponge for Fougasse, a type of French flat bread, since the recipe said to leave the sponge sit overnight, and today I baked those loaves and then made Pourtegese Corn Bread (or Broa) as well. That's in the oven now. The Fougasse is quite yummy, and turned out wonderfully. I could even see making this and adding some garlic to the recipe for garlic bread. It's that good.

Both recipes were from Secrets of a Jewish Baker by George Greenstein. (Looks like it might be out of print.) I've had the book for a few years now, but I haven't tried anything from it until now. I'll definitely make the Fougasse again; we'll see about the Broa, since it's not done yet.

(I ate a whole loaf of Fougasse already. Okay, I did give Bekah a piece. But they're small loaves. Really! And the recipe makes six, so there's still enough for tonight... honest!)

Comments

Popular Posts