I was in a funk this morning, so I didn't get much done. But after a while, I decided that I couldn't lay around all day long (I had a headache too, argh) and I started working in the dining room again. I did manage to get through another box and a half. Not too bad.

I have written up bunches of auctions, though; the pile will keep me busy for weeks. And I did get rid of a bunch of garbage, too.

After a while, I decided to move back into the kitchen and do some dishes; while I was there, I figured I might as well make something for supper too. So I made Salmon and Corn Chowder, with cornbread muffins.

Yum! It started with a recipe from a book, but after I realized I really didn't have the ingredients, so I just made it up as I went along.

Oh, it was good. I will definitely make it again.

And after making it, I kind of started to think about the cookbook idea again--that is, me sticking my soup recipes into a cookbook and trying to sell it. It would probably be self-published and cheap. And I've already got a title:

I'm not Famous, but I make Good Soup

:)

What do you think?

Obviously, I'd have to make up more soup recipes. At the moment, I really only have... let's see. Sweet Chili, 4 bean Vegetarian Chili, Minestrone, Hearty Tomato, Chicken and Dumplings, Salmon and Corn Chowder, Cream of Potato Soup, Seven Bean Chili, Clean Out your Fridge Vegetable Soup, Vegetable Chili, Vegetable Soup, Sweet Potato Chili, and what else?

**Tries to think**

I am sensing a sort of chili theme here... hmm.

I could probably get Dad to submit his Bean Soup recipe; that would be fabulous. I think it's his own recipe.

So maybe this year needs to be soup year. Despite the fact that I don't like onions, I would like to do a French Onion Soup (with homemade bread, of course.)

It's something to think about, at least.

My cornbread muffins were so good that I ate five mini muffins. They're so small you can basically just pop them in your mouth and go. I will definitely make them again too.

We went to Sam's last week, and I got a bag of raviolini. (Which is just small ravioli, really.) It's spinach and cheese, and dried, so you don't have to refrigerate it. (Yay!) You make it like macaroni. When it's tender, it's done.

Campbell's Selects has a Three-Cheese Ravioli and Mushroom soup that is absolutely fabulous; I think I'm going to try to replicate it with those Raviolinis. So mine would be Spinach and Cheese Raviolini and Mushroom Soup. I could add that to my repertoire.

Maybe I might have enough for a cookbook. But would anyone buy it? That's the question there...

Comments

Popular Posts