Well, I've been working in the Dining Room since after lunch. I didn't work there before lunch, because I went down the road to an auction with Mom and Dad (we left early; there was too much junk and too many people to bother to wait for the couple of things we saw.)

I managed to clean off the table and put one of the new tablecloths on it--of course it's a Christmas tablecloth, so I covered that up with the lace tablecloth I got at the rummage sale. It looks nice. Now, though, I have auction stuff on the table--I'm writing up descriptions and taking pictures, and then I have to find a place to put the auction stuff. Lovely.

I told Mom and Dad that if I got the dining room done, I'd make supper tomorrow. We'll see how that works, since it's not done yet. I have my doubts that I will get to any of the three other zones this weekend, though; if I get the dining room done, I will be very happy.

This is the first auction I've seen for the Mikasa Dutch Yellow pattern I like--I have two teacups and saucers in this pattern, but I've not seen it anywhere else. Considering the auction says it was discontinued when I was a year old, that might be why. I think it's nice and bright and cute, though. The teacups are darling. (And I found my teacups and saucers in a box along with some stuff that I had intended to auction a long time ago. So that has been photographed and written up, along with a bunch of other stuff.) But I have about five boxes left to go through in the dining room (they were covered by one of my velvet bedspreads and used as a table before; now they are just boxes) and I'm not sure where I'm going to end up putting some (pretty much all) of this stuff, especially the notgarbage. We'll see, though; a miracle might happen and I might find a place for all of it.

We also went to Pamida this afternoon, and I finally got some wrapping paper for next year. They had a lot left. So that went on top the china cabinet (the tall one, not the other one, of course.)

So I guess there has been progress, of sorts.

Comments

Popular Posts