I got home from the auction at 11:30. Yes, PM. Yikes! The one thing I was waiting for, of course, ended up being one of the last things they auctioned off. And yes, I am now the proud owner of a porcelain topped baker's table.

It has a pull-out bread board, a drawer, and a separated bin underneath that was orginally used to store flour and grains (which I will use, on Dad's suggestion, to store potatoes!)

Evidently they are called 'possum belly tables'. Here is one similar on Ebay, although mine has a porcelain enamel top. If I remember correctly, mine only has one drawer, too.

I also got a huge old oak rocking chair that I have no place for, and a small shopping cart (like the wire ones that people pull around for their purchases) only mine is wooden and Very Cool.

I fell asleep last night trying to figure out where to put the rocking chair.

And then, I had a dream. In the dream, Mom, Dad and I were on our way back from somewhere when Dad decided to go the scenic route. I started recognizing some of the landmarks, and before long, we were at the little town that I visited not long ago (in my dreams)--the one with the mall and the shops. Then we came across the town that I haven't visited in a long time; the one with the little Country Store. (I can't remember these towns' names.) We stopped in the Country Store, where I ended up buying a ceramic fountain pen shaped like an Art Nouveau Lady--it was rather odd.

The town hadn't changed much, which was nice. But it was weird to be there with Mom and Dad, since all the other times I've visited, I've been alone.

Comments

Popular Posts