Well, I had another idea today about the office, and so far so good:

(Yes, I'm still working in the same corner.)



Basically, I moved the chair out from the wall, took the hanging shelf off the wall, and put the cream colored bookcase and the white bookcase from my room against the wall. That means I have space for my crafty books to be in the office, and a nice place to read them, too.

The sweaters for fabric are all nicely folded (well, most of them are--I still have to make room somewhere for the body fabric sweaters and some others that were on a different shelf.) My wooden yarn boxes (they fit so nicely in the deep bookcases!) are going to be color-coded, because I used to have my yarn this way and I really liked it.

Depending on how things go, all my yarn might fit over in this corner, and I wouldn't have to have any above my blue desk at all. I could have books there, instead, like I used to.

Once the craft books are in the office, then there will be room to put the displaced fiction books in the hallway, making the one wall a complete fiction wall. :) So I guess it will be my library hallway instead of an actual library. That's ok. I should be able to move the craft books tonight, since those shelves are empty. I will probably leave the thread shelf where it is, since it's an odd space and nothing else will really go there anyway. (I can't have anything solid in that corner, due to the pipes coming out of the floor that lead from downstairs to the radiator in Ethan's room.)

I have a feeling that I'm really going to like this setup.

Comments

Popular Posts