Nnnnngh.

Okay, so I bought Ethan a Toy Story computer game at Goodwill. It's too old for him, but we managed; I think he would have done better if it used the mouse and not the keyboard. So I played one game (you have to go through and win the games before another one opens up; another bad point) and then the second one. Halfway through the second one, I started to feel nauseous.

See, I can't watch home movies. I get motion sickness from the OmniMax theaters. I couldn't watch the first part of Saving Private Ryan because of the camera jerkiness. I became ill while watching The Blair Witch Project for the same reason. Same with Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

It's weird, but I can usually feel it coming on and stop whatever I'm doing and sit quietly for a little while and the nausea goes away. This time, though, I had no indication that the game was affecting me at all until I realized that I had a pounding headache and I felt like I was about to throw up. Ugh.

So I begged off and turned it over to Bekah, took two asprin, and now I'm headed to bed early, because I still feel queasy.

In other news, it snowed today. It's supposed to get down to 18 tonight. And I'm freezing, but I think that's part of my motion issue.

It's a shame that nothing I've tried (no drugs; just other things) have worked. It's really kind of irritating to have this problem, because I never know how it will affect me pretty much until it already has. *sigh*

Comments

Popular Posts