Back when I spent a few hours walking and taking photos in the woods behind my parents' house, I said I'd write more about what makes me happy soon enough. Well, I'm not quite ready for that post, but for the past two nights, the sky has been so marvelously clear that every single star seems to be sewn onto a blanket of black velvety darkness, the effect only broken by the streetlights and porch lights around us.

Last night, I saw the little dipper, and tonight, Orion--I used to know most of the constellations, but that knowledge has trickled away over the years.

Tonight, while walking back to the house after taking out the garbage--a mundane chore if there was one--I saw a shooting star right over my house.

If I hadn't been looking up; if I'd focused my gaze on the muddy ground instead of up at the sparkling sky, I would have missed it. But I didn't, and it was beautiful.

It truly doesn't take much to make me happy.

Comments

Popular Posts