So... it seems I should have some sort of update. I think about all sorts of things to write about while I'm at work, and then promptly forget to write down notes to myself so I can actually write about those things when I get home. *sigh*

Today I did write down a tentative plan for the next nine months to see if I really can pay off all the credit cards by December 31st. Well, I can, but it involves lots of ebay and lots of everything else (craft-wise, that is) so that's going to be at the top of my list starting in April when I post auctions again.

It might even involve more dolls, which is good, but we'll see. If I really want to get them gone by the end of the year (and I do, I really, really do), then basically, I have to make the equivalent of the balance of one credit card ($3000) on ebay/etsy/craft shows/yard sales in nine months.

This will also involve buying and selling stuff from Goodwill and auctions and yard sales and other places I might find good deals, which does happen sometimes. If I can buy something for say, $20, and resell it for $100, then I've come $80 closer to my goal even though I spent $20 to get there.

I am also considering selling both treadle sewing machines, because I'm really not sure I'll ever actually use them. I am much more likely to use the portable ones anyway. But we'll see.

That means, of course, that I'll probably worry about starting the destruction (err, remodeling) next year and not this year at all. That's okay; there's nothing that needs to be done ASAP anyway, really, but that doesn't stop me from moving the rooms around when Bekah and Ethan move out, which I will still do.

I'm also going to take my Dad's advice and recycle as much as I can from the shed. There's a lot of junk in there, but it's potentially recyclable stuff, and who knows? I might be able to get some money right there. Sounds good to me!

Comments

Popular Posts