So church had a silent auction today, and I spent $30. Bekah spent $40. (Well, I spent it for her, but on useful things like a Regal bread machine for $5 and a spay/neuter coupon for Gracie for $35. I don't think you can get a spay any cheaper even with the discount coupons the Humane Society gives out.)

I bought a West Bend bread machine for $10--because my grandmother bought me my bread machine probably 10 or 12 years ago. It's still going strong, but I'm not going to pretend that it will last forever, and I do have room to store a spare. I also bought a glass-topped small computer desk that I will hopefully be able to use in my office as a rotary fabric cutting desk; we'll see. That was only $5, so I can always put it in the yard sale for the same amount of money if I can't use it. The only other thing I bought was a bottle of homemade blackberry wine for $15. I couldn't resist. I mean, homemade wine! How cool is that?

(Of course, odds are I won't like it, but maybe I will. Who knows? With my blackberries going nuts in the berry patch, I may need a recipe for blackberry wine eventually anyway.)

Comments

Popular Posts