A cautionary tale: When buying car chargers for your cell phones, do not buy the cheap-o ones on ebay. Why? Because mine shorted out my car's radio, the side mirrors, and the cigarette lighter. Thankfully, it was only a fuse and cost me $6, but even so. Going without a radio for four days was not good at all. (Although I did bring my little Eton radio back and forth to work until now. I'm actually thinking about buying one just for work, because mine got great reception there and I do like listening to NPR.)

Also, ripe blackberries don't wait for anyone. It's been raining all day long, so finally I changed into my garden shoes (which are waterproof) and slogged out into the backyard to pick the ripe blackberries. I didn't make it into the garden, though, and I didn't pick all the ripe blackberries because of course it started to pour. So I'll have to get them tomorrow. I'm sure I'll have lots of cucumbers, too (I've been giving them away at work) because of the rain.

(I'm not complaining about the rain; we need it badly.)

Comments

Popular Posts