This morning, I got up early enough to go to the market up town--I thought there might be people set up even though it was a holiday and I was right. I really do need to get some stuff together and set up, because they really need more people.

But at least they do have new people this year! There's a nice old guy who works in wood--he had some lovely bowls and I bought a cherry cane that he made (for $8, way too cheap.) He also sells those whistles that sound like trains, too, again, very reasonably priced.

There is also a potter! And because I am a pushover for handmade pottery, I had to buy some of her stuff, of course. For $15 (she gave me a deal) I bought two really nice bowls with a blue glaze (and hearts; I'm not usually a heart person, but it works on these bowls) and a mug. Her other bowls were really nice, too. In fact, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just buy a couple of her other bowls to use for Christmas presents (I like to put cookies and homemade candy in handmade bowls and such and give them as Christmas presents. I did that last year and it worked out really well. (I actually found a matching set of handmade heart-shaped bowls at Goodwill. Or was that the year before last? I don't remember. Anyway.)

She also told me about a relatively local place (right outside of Bethel, really) that has classes for pottery. I knew about the other place down off of 52, which is really too far away, but this place is closer. I will have to check it out. I know I don't need any more hobbies, but pottery is something I've always wanted and liked to do. So we'll see about that.

After that, my front yard was dry enough to mow, so I mowed it and didn't get to the backyard because I went over to Mom and Dad's house to help with their garden. Only, it started to rain before I could do much of anything. And it hasn't stopped yet.

Tomorrow, if it's not raining, Dad and I are going to Lawrenceburg Antique Show, just to go, not set up.

Comments

Popular Posts