I had pancakes and yummy fresh farmer's market eggs for breakfast this morning. Yum! (Also, hot tea, of course.)

And I got up at 6:30am. I didn't need to get up at 6:30am, but someone (whose name is also an herb) ran across me at 6:00am and woke me up. (And considering he's quite a hefty boy now, it kind of hurt.) And the sun was starting to rise by then, so I couldn't go back to sleep. I imagine I'm going to be really tired this evening. Oh well.

I got my electric bill for June in the mail the other day, and the few times I had my air conditioner on in June made my bill go up a whopping $15. I haven't had it on since. So far, my house has been pretty comfortable, even when it's hot outside.

Right now, I have a surplus of four zucchini and two yellow squash in my kitchen. That's lunch today, probably lunch tomorrow (and by then, I'll be picking more) and lunch and supper on Sunday. Maybe that way I can put a small dent in them.

My nasturtiums are really blooming nicely out front, and they have a surprising range of colors from really pale orange to bicolored orange/cream to neon orange. I think I will plant them again along the border next year since they are short and look quite nice. The ones in the pot aren't nearly as pretty as they were last year, but they are blooming too. Speaking of blooms, both the wintergreen and the lingonberries bloomed. They have tiny bell-like flowers; very pretty! I'm not sure if the flowers were fertilized, though; it's too early to tell.

I'm updating Plethora this morning, too, after being away from it for far too long.

Comments

Popular Posts