I had to retire the blue bear I made for Mabel oh so many months ago. She had finally torn a hole in it and the fabric was too thin in that area for repair. Now she keeps looking at me, like she is asking where her favorite toy is. It's pitiful. :)

The great idea I had last night is still a great idea this morning (at least I think so) but I haven't had time to finish the story behind it just yet. Maybe today still, since it's cold outside, my dolls for the week are done, and I could actually concievably take a dollmaking break! Yay!

I need to hotsync my Dana and write some of HD this afternoon--I really need to get this scene over and done with and let Malachi get on with ruining his life. :)

So anyway, this great idea I had--in short, the theme is going to be called "Adoptions from The Orphanage of Lost Souls." I'm aiming for little gothic-y ghost dolls using my fairy pattern. So far so good--I finished Evangeline this morning:

She is 6 inches tall and made from white fleece fabric (a pain in the you-know-what to turn, let me tell you!) with handspun black wool yarn hair, a scrap of vintage lace for a skirt, a cashmere overskirt/top, and a spider-webby looking cloak. She's supposed to look kind of scary, but I think she looks like she's scared. :)

(And really, she does have feet. They just don't show up in the picture because of the background.) She will be Thursday's doll, so I will have to finish the accompanying story by then, at least.

Comments

Popular Posts