Well, the garden has been tilled. FINALLY!

It was a bear, too. The sod had pretty much trapped the moisture from last week's rains and the deeper I tilled the wetter it got. If that makes sense. It was a lot better today, mind you--I did get it done.

And the tomatoes have been planted, too! Yay!

Tomorrow, I'm planning to plant the double row of three varieties of beans and the sweet potatoes. I might have to stop and get some seed potatoes to supplement, or more sweet potatoes--I haven't decided quite yet--because I only have six sweet potato plants.

I also have to mix a wheelbarrow load of dirt and repot some of my seedlings. And plant my marigolds among the tomatoes, too.

And work on the little doll for Thursday. And write, somewhere in there, as well.

I am going to be busy the rest of this week! Whew! But I'd rather be busy than bored. And I did find enough time to sit on my porch swing this evening (I was outside until 9:30pm when it was getting too dark to work) and contemplate my tomato teepees. So that was nice.

Comments

Popular Posts