Let's see. At 7:40, it was finally below 85 degrees outside. Instead, it was 85 in the kitchen, so I went out to brave the humidity and to plant the rest of the garden. (Or what I have ready to plant, that is.)

I tilled the rest of the garden and planted the zucchini, peppers, butternut squash, early summer crookneck squash, bush cucumbers, lemon cucumbers, and forgot to rescue the Armenian cucumbers from the compost pile. Oops! I guess I'll have to do that tomorrow.

I also planted a row of sunflower seeds (and some annual black-eyed susans) along the front.

I put the sizing on the border where I'm going to hang the wallpaper, put the second (and final) coat of paint on the walls, and discovered that my wallpaper adhesive is supposed to be used at room temperature, which, according to the container, is 60-80 degrees. It's not even under 80 in the kitchen right now. Argh!

That will have to wait until tomorrow.

It got up to 92 today. I had both air conditioners running for a little while, because it was really hot upstairs. Now it's still hot up here, but not as bad. I am hoping that this promised front really does come through tonight. They are still saying (at least on Yahoo Weather) that it is only supposed to be 76 tomorrow.

(I'm really looking forward to a low of 57 on Friday! Wow. I might actually get a good night's sleep!)

Hmm. They are also saying it's supposed to rain almost all next week. Figures! At least I'll have the garden in. And that will be nice for mulching.

Ohhh! Thunder! Yay! I hope it rains. But I'd best sign off for now, at least.

Comments

Popular Posts