Oh boy, it was hot today. If this is a precursor of summer, then I think I need to move to Antartica. Yikes!

I hope the front does come through tonight. I really, really hope it comes through tonight.

Since what I really wanted to do today was paint the kitchen (and there was no way, not when it was 83 in the kitchen by 4pm) I decided that I might as well get my errand-running done and I went down the road to Goodwill and Target. I didn't find anything at Goodwill (I didn't have a 50% off coupon anyway, so it would have had to be something really good) but I got almost everything I needed at Target, including a box fan for my office. The other day I took the window box fax out of the window and used it in the office and it was nice. I have a smaller fan blowing on me at the moment, but I think (at least in here) I need a larger one.

Then I made a detour to pick up a water pump from freecycle, and came home. To HEAT. However, I did manage to do some things today, including mix up another load of dirt, pot up more plants, and sit outside on the porch swing after lunch and write for a bit. With the breeze blowing, it wasn't all that bad, really.

I had three fans going in the kitchen today, which really helped move the air, too. I managed to fix Mabel's fan yesterday, so that one is blowing across the floor. Quite nice, even if it does make the cat hair dustbunnies blow everywhere. ;)

Tonight I'm planning to write some more. Tomorrow I'm planning to start the next doll, and possibly the custom doll that has already been paid for! (Thanks so much again if you read this!) I will also, if the weather cooperates, get the kitchen ready for painting. I hope. But we shall see.

(I would also like to till the rest of the garden and plant my zucchini and at least the butternut squash, which are both ready to be planted. And maybe the peppers too. And finish mulching the rest of the planted garden as well, but that means I need to get more straw. And such.)

Comments

Popular Posts