Climbing Rosebush

More pictures here.

I weeded my front flowerbed for an hour this morning; it has grass growing in it and the grass was choking out some of my plants. I got about 1/4 done. I'll continue on this evening, more than likely, and tomorrow as well.

Last year, in the same flowerbed, I noticed slender grasslike stalks of something that didn't look quite like grass. I left them alone, because there are irises still in that bed (that have never bloomed) and they kind of looked like baby irises. Well, while I was weeding, I came across this:



So I was right! There are bunches of these. I'm not sure if they're baby irises or just something else that happened to find its way into my garden, but I'm not complaining. Purple is one of my favorite colors for flowers.

Comments

Popular Posts