Making pizza from scratch has completely ruined me for restaurant-bought pizza. Last week, we ordered a pizza from Dominos, and it tasted like mushy cardboard.

The rest of it will be going in the trash tomorrow, because I couldn't bring myself to eat it.

I made a pizza today for lunch, with swiss chard and very thin slices of sweet potato and a couple of new potatoes I filched from the potato plants in the garden (the dirt is nice and damp still under the mulch.) I used up the rest of the farmer's and mozzarella cheeses that I bought a few weeks ago, and oh boy was it good.

And the temperature in the kitchen only went up 1 degree! Yay!

I also turned off budget billing for the gas bill. I have $277 left on my bill, and I can wipe that out by the next due date. That means from July to (hopefully) November, my only gas usage will be from cooking, which usually runs around $20/month. Considering they upped my budget billing to $202 (I was paying $131 all winter long), I'll have over $500 extra in my savings account by the time I turn the heat (and budget billing) back on. Or else I'll pay off a credit card with the savings; I haven't decided yet. But it will be nice!

I am currently finishing up the living room. I decided to start in a different room this time; I usually always begin in the kitchen.

Comments

Popular Posts