I just blew my berry budget.

3 - [BF202] - Latham Raspberries
3 - [BF213] - Triple Crown Thornless Blackberry
1 - [BF400] - Pink Gooseberry
1 - [BF910C] - Blueberry Collection - 1 of each variety (This is three plants.)
2 - [BF405] - Miller’s Prince Consort Black Currant
1 - [DF695X] - Orange Quince

Ok, the Quince isn't a berry, but it was on sale. No elderberries for me this year! (No apples either, unless Dad says it's not too late.)

Mom and I went to two greenhouses this morning. I got some garlic chives, pineapple sage (it smells wonderful), a lavender plant, some peppers, and some more tomatoes. I might have to rework the tomatoes a bit, because I'm going to have a lot of tomatoes. I did get some marigolds too, but I need to buy some zinnia seeds and just toss them all over because I didn't want to pay for as many as I'd like to have.

More about Quince--I think my comment got cut off.

Comments

Unknown said…
Mmm, berries. Is quince a sour sort of fruit that's vaguely apple-tasting? When I was in Korea my aunt gave me a drink like that and tried to describe the fruit it was made from, but she didn't know the English word and I don't know enough fruits.

About half of the blueberry and raspberry bushes I bought are growing. But I figure that's not bad, and the money was worth it since I won't have to buy them again until I move.
Jennifer said…
It's supposed to taste a bit like pineapple, but you cook it.

Here's a good write-up:
http://splendidtable.publicradio.org/souptonuts/farmstand_quince.html

Popular Posts