Ha! It's beginning to pay off.

In February, for Lent, I gave up High Fructose Corn Syrup (as much as I could, at least) and decided to make an effort to be more active. Along with that, I decided to watch what I ate a bit more, I started eating salads at work for lunch, and I just tried to do better all around.

I had an ulterior motive for all of this: I tried on a pair of shorts that were rather loose last year and they didn't fit.

And if the shorts that were loose last year didn't fit, then the shorts that just fit last year wouldn't either, and the ones that were really too tight but I could fit into them anyway would definitely not fit. Which meant, back in February, I realized that if I wanted to have any shorts to wear in the summertime without buying new ones (or new to me ones, at least) then I had to lose some weight.

I weighed myself back then. I am ashamed to say that I weighed 195 lbs. That is absolutely horrible. I've never weighed that much in my life. My DAD weighed less than I did in February.

I weighed myself for the first time since I started all of this last week.

I now weigh 180. Which is better, but not quite where I want to end up. But still--15 lbs!

And guess what? That pair of shorts that were loose last year and didn't fit in February?

I'm wearing them right now. And I can still breathe! :)

(I went out to dinner last night and walked the two blocks to the restaurant. I didn't die from the heat; in fact, it was quite a nice walk. And yes, I got dessert. It's been a while, and since I brought that dessert home, I will be eating it for the rest of the week, like as not.)

Comments

Unknown said…
Very nice! 15 pounds is impressive.

Incidentally, I started an account at fitday.com today. It's free, and it tracks your calories and nutrients. I want to do it so I can see if I'm really getting enough in the way of protein and vitamins, but it would probably be good for me from a watching-my-weight standpoint too.

Popular Posts