Even if it doesn't rain today, I will plant what is ready to be planted in the garden tomorrow (evening, probably) because while going through everything last night, I discovered that the Spaghetti Squash is trying to grow through the wooden flats I used. As in some of the roots are a bit long. As in, I thought the bottom of the wooden flat was covered with white mold, but on further inspection, it was roots. Yikes.

Here is what is ready to be planted:

--Spaghetti Squash
--Delicata Squash
--Sweet Dumpling Squash
--Lemon Cucumbers & Armenian Cucumbers
--Jenny Lind Melon
--Sweet potatoes
--and I believe my tomatoes are ready to be planted out, too.

Of course I am hoping it rains. If it doesn't, I'll be watering everything until it does rain and I can mulch. Argh.

Last night while I was watering the zucchini and yellow crookneck squash, I kept feeling this little spray of something on my arms. I didn't realize it was actually a very fine, misting rain until it got a bit steadier. It didn't even reach the ground, though. It was definitely not what you could call rain. It wasn't good enough for anything.

I picked six radishes yesterday too. I'm contemplating putting either eggplant or peppers where the radishes are once they are done. We'll see. I could put tomatoes there too.

Yesterday, I repotted the peppers and the eggplants. In truth, I'd say it will be about a week until they're ready to plant out, which should be okay. Obviously next year I have to get going a bit earlier on the seeds, but I'm still pretty much on target from last year. I also sorted what I have to plant, what I'm giving to Mom and Dad, and what is probably going to given away (the squash, I mean; the tomatoes are all together) so I know what I have left. I ended up with two flats of stuff--which includes a dozen cucumbers (six of each variety) so in reality, it's not all that much--and some of that goes into Ethan's garden, too. (This doesn't count the tomatoes, peppers, or eggplants.) Now I just have to find room for everything. Hahahahahaha.

Tonight, Jess and I are going to see POTC:AWE. Maybe it will rain while I'm in the movie.

Comments

Popular Posts