Hmm.

According to my measurements, Mabel's crate would fit perfectly in the large space under the shelves in the laundry room.

I could have sworn that I had measured that before and found that it wouldn't fit, but according to my current calculations, it should fit perfectly.

(Here is a picture of the space*; the litterboxes aren't there anymore.) It's rather useless space; right now there's a half a table shoved under there with a small bookcase on top. My goal was to put the blue cabinet that has been sitting in the middle of my living room since we got the corner cupboard in the laundry room against the wall, which still blocks the space a bit but could be used for laundry things instead of the bookcase.

Boy, that was a long sentence.

Anyway, according to my measurements, Mabel's crate will fit in this space perfectly. Since she only goes in her crate when I have guests over and/or when she is bad, putting it out of the way is actually a smart idea. I guess I could technically get rid of it and put a door on the laundry room (thus making that the 'when guests arrive/time out' room, but then what to do with the crate?

I'm going to have to try it tomorrow, I think, because it would be nice to have room for a boot tray for wintertime. I'm already trying to figure out where to put a boot tray in the kitchen for the back door. (In front of the blue shelves would make sense, but there isn't much room.)

Anyway, just some thoughts...


*I can't believe how small Basil looks in that picture!

Comments

Popular Posts