So in the past couple of weeks, I've found two more looms (yeah, I know; no more looms. Hahaha) one of which is a vintage 1930s Structo metal loom with a 4-inch weaving width and two harnesses, and one a 14" four-harness wooden loom that I took a bit of a gamble on because the finish looked terrible in the pictures. However, I have had no luck at all finding a four-harness small-width wooden loom for a decent price, so I decided to go for it.

Well, the wooden loom came today. It's definitely a 14" weaving width; the finish was definitely messed up. I'm going to venture to say that it might have been rain spots? It was kind of weird. I should have taken a 'before' picture, but I didn't think about it until it was too late and the picture I can get off the ebay cached page is way too small. Trust me that the finish was terrible. I couldn't even tell what kind of wood it was made from.

With a little elbow grease and some Kitchen Counter Creme (I love that stuff), however, I ended up with what looks like a lovely handmade (no maker's marks anywhere) solid cherry loom.

Haha.

I will post pictures later. :)

Edit, while I listen to the parade go past: I posted them on Flickr.

Comments

Popular Posts