It started thundering, then raining, so I won't get anything else done outside. Oh well. I'll have to mow the hill later. It's not that bad, and I did get the front done and the backyard. So I'm not worried.

I used up four whole cucumbers* to fill one of my large Pyrex bowls with pickles. I'm using a different recipe; this one, they have to stay in the fridge for 24 hours and then you transfer them to freezer containers and freeze. So I had to clean out the fridge a bit more. At least I have room now.

I made vegetable chili for lunches next week and it's quite yummy! I don't think I have enough for all week long, but we'll see. It's very colorful.

Next up: Juice the tomatoes and shred the zucchini! Perhaps I should make zucchini bread tonight. Hmm. I think I have the ingredients for that. I'm out of butter**, so no cookies. :(




*sarcasm intended. I also threw out a bunch of mushy ones. I hate throwing away food, but there were just too many. :(

**actually, I have plenty of butter, but it's in the fridge @ work. I'm trying not to need to buy more this weekend, because I have two pounds at work and I forgot it on Friday.

Comments

Popular Posts