So, what does one do with a library card catalog?

Well, for the weavers out there, here's a tip--the drawers hold cotton warp perfectly.



Now, I could take the bottom bar out to make them lie flat, but they really are fine as is. I seriously just glanced over at the chest of drawers I keep my yarn cones in and thought--hey! What about the warp?

I had been keeping the 56lbs of warp I won from ebay in the corner cupboard, which worked okay, but not great. Now, I can keep it all together--and label the drawers by color!

My Dad has another library card catalog section (about twice this size or so) in his garage, and I think it might be coming to live at my house. Hahaha! Perfect storage does not come around very often. :)

P.S. My tape loom and my Anders Lervad loom fit on top of the card catalog perfectly, too. That means, of course, that the little spinning wheel is going to Burlington, because now I have no room for it. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get this room organized!

Comments

Grey Walker said…
What a gorgeous little cabinet! I'm envious...
Unknown said…
I have one of these too, they're a great mix of pretty and functional. Eventually I plan to cut paperboard to put in the drawer bottoms for a nice flat surface safe for smaller objects. Aren't they excellent for storage?
Jennifer said…
Yep, it's cute, isn't it? I almost didn't bid on it, but now I'm glad I did. It looks nice where it is, too.

Popular Posts