Okay, here is my list of things to do this weekend:

--Pay bills done, forgot to cross this off.
--Juice tomatoes will do this tomorrow (Monday)
--Make pickles one big Pyrex bowl used up a whole... four cucumbers. *sigh* But the pickles are in the fridge. (I am using a different recipe this time.)
--Clean out fridge (see above) I blanched a quart of green beans, and there's another quart and a half, probably, in the stockpot. Also took care of the okra. Still have to do the corn and the cucumbers. The fridge is cleaner on Sunday afternoon, but not done yet. I still have corn to do, but then again, I put quite a bit of the corn in my vegetable chili. I don't think I have enough to put up now, so I will probably just make a point to use it up next week. I tossed all the cucumbers that had turned mushy. :(
--Take out garbage well, some of it, at least
--Bake bread for church (7 or 8 loaves--I'm doing whole wheat Challah, Honey French, and Italian, probably) (all are rising; the whole wheat Challah has to rise twice, so it won't be in the way of the others since I can only bake four loaves at a time in my oven.) The Italian baguettes didn't really turn out that great, but everything else is working out fine. I might take my two loaves of sourdough (which are rising at the moment) and then bake two more tomorrow.
--Bake bread for me (my attempt at honey sourdough french; two loaves) rising, looks good so far. It's in the oven now @ 3:22pm, and obviously done by now, updating @ 9:18pm. I didn't end up taking this to church, and had four pieces of bread leftover from what I did take, so that was good.
--Make chili for lunches next week (yum!) it ended up more like vegetable chili, but that's ok. I used up all the okra I picked today, half the green beans, had a nice colorful small bowl of shell beans, not that many tomatoes, really, but you can't tell, some peppers, etc., etc. Yum!
--Pick stuff in garden not many tomatoes, but I did pick quite a few the other day. Some more cucumbers, lots of beans, two peppers, and some shell beans for the chili.
--Prune and trellis blackberries it's raining, deferred.
--Clean up in backyard (kitchen garden, blackberries, little garden) it's raining, deferred.
--Mow grass (ALL) getting ready to mow the backyard. Done with the back @ 3:22pm; I'm going to do as much as the front as I can and run down the battery here in a bit. I doubt I'll get it all done today, but I didn't expect to, since I hadn't mowed the backyard in over a month. Did the front and side but not the hill; I ran out of time and battery power. So the mower is charging again; I will finish tomorrow. And I lost track of time and it started to rain Sunday afternoon. Oh well. I'm crossing this off.
--Shred zucchini almost half done; maybe get the rest done tomorrow (Monday)?
--Plug in lawnmower
--Clean up in front yard? (Probably won't have time to do it this weekend) nope, won't get done this weekend. Crossing this off.
--Help Dad w/roof (that was done yesterday; I didn't help because he was almost done by the time I got home from work. Roof is coated.)
--Help Bekah with sorting/carrying stuff (she is coming today to go through the stuff in the closet) Bekah is here, and I'm working on other stuff. She is going through it all, though, with Miss Moppet's "help". She ended up getting rid of three large boxes and taking seven small boxes. That was about 1/3 of the stuff in the closet, so she'll be back.
--Clean up spare bedroom deferred until later; it's not that terrible and I can work on that this weekend.
--Clean upstairs bathroom this was if we had to move Miss Moppet; it's not needed anymore, so I'm crossing it off.
--Till kitchen garden? (Again, the time factor) it's raining, deferred.
--Order garlic doing that right now
--Rake grass in backyard to fenceline it's raining, deferred.
--Get yard sale stuff together for yard sales next weekend.
--Laundry (in the washer/dryer) almost done!
--Make more granola
--Cookout @ Mom and Dad's on Monday. I'm going to cross this off, since it's Monday.
--Forgot to add--write The Sixth Stone, which is going quite well. wrote for an hour earlier. Will write more this evening, too. Over 7k now, I'll write more today, but I'm going to cross it off now.
--Order photo prints for silent auction next weekend. (Added) doing that right now

I'm starting the bread now. Thank goodness it's a three-day weekend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are being very productive today. I admire your energy. That's quite a list you have there. If I wrote mine down, it would probably look like as much, but that's depressing, so I won't look at it. We all have our ways of coping, eh?

I made peach jam last night and plan on another batch tonight. Yummo!
Jennifer said…
Yum, peach jam!

This is the first weekend I've been home all weekend in a while, so that's why it's so long! :)

I live on lists. Without them, I would be lost.

Popular Posts