So I had ordered some Christmas presents and some tall winter boots for me (among other things) from Sierra Trading Post; the order came today. Both pair of winter boots I ordered do not fit. (The rubber boots I also ordered fit--like a glove. Literally. I had some reverse suction going on when I took them off.)

The Great Boot Search now begins.

See, I have fat calves. (I wrote thighs earlier, to the amusement of the customer service person I was chatting with.) I've always had fat calves. I have big feet, too--size 9--and I usually buy men's shoes for that reason.

My winter boots are all fairly short. My tallest pair is 6"--and probably eleven or twelve years old. They are actually a struggle to get on, even though they are men's--it's my calves again, although I can get them on with socks.

What I want are a pair of taller winter boots for when there's 9" of snow on the ground and drifts up to a foot. The two pair I bought that don't fit will be returned (and I couldn't even get my foot into the second pair) and I've found two more pair to try. Thankfully, Sierra Trading Post has free returns. But still. I didn't think this would be so difficult!

(It probably doesn't help that my price limit is $50, either...)

Comments

Grey Walker said…
I feel for you. It's hard!
Jennifer said…
Yes, it is. One of my sisters has the same problem, too. We both have "St. Clair legs." :)

Popular Posts