The plot thickens.

So tonight, the car dealership calls. They want us (short version of the long story: Chris agreed to cosign, since I cosigned on his truck) to arrive at the dealership promptly at 4:30pm. They wouldn't discuss details over the phone at all. Why do I think they're going to try to screw me to the wall?

I should hear from the credit union tomorrow before noon. I am crossing my fingers for the credit union.

And why do I get the feeling that I'm living in some sort of weird soap opera? Or a horror movie. I haven't quite decided yet.

------------------

Today, Chris, in a fit of Being Nice (Being Nice is determinedly Being Nice, you know what I mean?) called me up and told me his secret way to get home "in ten minutes." I agreed to try it out, if only for the novelty, and I wanted to see where the credit union office was just in case I had to go. Well, it took me about 25 minutes in truth, which isn't really that bad, considering the traffic. But I have to drive straight through downtown (which I hate.) Oh, yeah. And there's one small problem... He told me to go down this road, then turn left onto Broad Street. Imagine my surprise when I take this road, get to Broad, and discover a "No Left Turn" sign. (I haven't asked him about this yet. I intend to.) So I had to turn right, and go around the block. Joy of joys. Still, once I got out of downtown, the way was fairly clear.

So I'll probably try it again tomorrow night. We shall see. Depending on whether I'm rejoicing or grinding my teeth, this saga should be over by the time I go to bed tomorrow (I hope to hell, at least.) Leaving me able to enjoy the auction on Saturday with Dad, and post auctions for the rest of the weekend. Here's to hoping.

(Of course, my life never does seem to go quite the way I want it to, does it?)

I also emailed Daw today, just to make sure they received HD. Delivery confirmation says yes, but the PO is not something I would put my trust in, really. Not after what they did to me this spring. They emailed back once to ask me when HD was mailed, and I told them, and I haven't heard back. Even if this achieves a quicker rejection, I will not complain. (But HD is a Daw book, dammit!)

But anyway. In other news...

I did my yoga this evening for the first time in months. I figured I might as well do it now, because (as of now, at least) I won't have a TV when I move. (That is, unless I move somewhere that doesn't have a washer/dryer hookup, and then the offer is on the table for me to swap the washer and dryer with Chris for a TV and the freezer.) Sometimes I feel like I'm playing an elaborate card game as well.

No auctions tonight; I'm taking a night off to write. Tomorrow night, yes. But not tonight.

And that's about it, at least for now.

Comments

Popular Posts