Um. Where do I begin? I almost feel that if I write about this, I'll jinx myself, but here goes.

So we get to the car dealership. We sit down. The car guy proceeds to tell us that he tried everyone and every single person on their list would not approve a car loan for me.

But. (There's always a but, isn't there?)

GMAC would approve a new lease for me. For a 2003 Sonoma.

My mouth dropped open. "What?"

The car guy laughed. "Yeah. I don't understand it either, but evidently it's easier to get a new car than a used one nowadays."

"What?" I said brightly.

"What?" Chris echoed.

So we took the Sonoma for a drive around the block. Nice little truck. Felt, I don't know, lighter than the S-10, but that could have been because of the cap. Very responsive, too.

I would settle for the Sonoma. Hell, I would settle for just about anything right now.

But then we walk inside the dealership, and Chris opens up the door of another car. Like a little SUV. "Sit down," he says.

I sit down. "Nice. What is it?"

"A Pontiac Vibe. It's a four door hatchback, just what you want. Why don't you see if you can get this instead of the truck?"

"Well..." So I asked the car guy what he thought. It's only a little more expensive than the truck we were already approved for, after all. He said he'd ask the finance guy, and we took it for a drive.

Oh. Nice. Wow. Very responsive. Neat display of the mileage, etc. Cool air flow filters. It has a sunroof, too. (I don't really care about that.) And the seats fold down to make cargo room. I think it seats four or five. Dark blue. Niiiice.

So when we get back to the dealership, the car guy is waiting for us. "Why don't you take it home with you for the weekend? The finance guy doesn't think there will be a problem getting you approved for the Vibe, and you might as well take it home and drive it. That way you're not racking up the mileage on your truck."

My mouth drops open. Again.

Chris is muttering under his breath. "You are the fucking most luckiest person alive."

I'm not so sure about that--I won't believe anything until the papers are signed--but I did drive it home. I figure heck, even if I don't get the Vibe, I'm already approved for the Sonoma. And that's okay.

Thanks, Lord. I hope this works out as nicely as it looks like it will.

Comments

Popular Posts