I have three small baskets left to sort (mostly fabric), the big pile of fabric in my bedroom left to sort and put away, a small pile of fabric on my bed to sort and put away, my craft desk to reorganize, my craft books to go through, the bookshelf above this desk to reorganize, this desk to finish organizing, and various and sundry small things to go through and put away in their proper places.

That may seem like a lot, but it's really not much at all. I am going to run out of room for fabric, but I'm hoping to get an idea as to where the excess fabric can go (and it may just go into a container until I have room; if I can find a container with a lid.) The extra sweaters I uncovered (in the bottom of the big basket) are back in the big basket with the other sweaters that won't fit on the shelves, because at least then I know they are there. But the extra fabric? Who knows.

I did manage to fit all the clothes-for-fabric into my closet, and that wasn't actually as difficult as I thought it would be at all. There's even some *cough* extra room. But I'm completely out of room for everything else.

I have pictures, but I haven't uploaded them yet. If I don't get to them tonight, then I'll post them tomorrow.

I don't have a large pile for auctions/yard sale/rummage sale yet, but I'm thinking it will get larger as I work through the stuff on my craft desk. One thing I am planning to sell is my 'spare' sewing machine--the Singer 5140. I have maybe used it once, and it seems silly to have it sitting up there when someone else could be using it. That leaves me with six anyway, so it's not like I'd die without it as it is.

I'd best get back to work!

Comments

Unknown said…
How much would you sell the Singer for? I have a friend who's looking for a used sewing machine--she's in Akron though, so there would be the question of shipping.

Also...six?? :)
Jennifer said…
Shipping might be an issue--it's heavy.

I think I paid $30 for it--I'd like to get at least $25. The only issue it has is that it's missing the thingy that stops the thread from falling off the bobbin at the top. The thread is sideways. Does that makes sense? I was thinking about trying to use an old spool as a solution, but I've never tried it to see if it would work.

Yeah, six. *grin*

My featherweight, my New Home 'modern' sewing machine, a Singer 99k from 1918 and also one from 1953, my Willcox & Gibbs treadle, and my Davis Treadle. Both of the treadles need belts and the Davis needs some work on the base. The old Singer 99k machines work like a dream, and so does my featherweight, which has become my normal machine unless I need a free arm.

Popular Posts