I went to an auction tonight. Actually, we all went to the auction, because it had the entire contents of a candy & bulk nut store in the auction, and Ethan had said he wanted to go to an auction. What other kind of auction would he be even remotely interested in?

He bought the giant sucker--bigger than his head--for $16, and bid on it himself. When the auctioneer held the sucker up--even before he could start the bids--every kid in the place raised their hand. It was hilarious. :)

I got 9lbs of almonds for $24, which is $2.67 a pound. At Sam's, you can get a three pound bag for $3.67 a pound, which is still cheap, because everywhere else they are $5.00/lb and up. Mom and Dad got over five pounds of English Walnuts for $25--which was a steal, since walnuts are easily $7-$8/lb. We're going to share, of course.

Buying nuts in bulk for that cheap doesn't happen every day.

The only other things I bought were containers--they had nice, food safe Rubbermaid clear plastic containers that will be very handy for storing things--even craft supplies, I thought. I got four larger ones--probably six or eight quart--and five 5 quart ones, with lids. For less than $20 total.

We left before the macadaemia (sp?) nuts came up for bid, and the pine nuts, which would have also been nice. But the auction started at 6:30, we left at 9:30, and they're probably still auctioning off things. I really came for the almonds, because I love almonds. And they are expensive!

Earlier, I did go out in the woods and take pictures. I think I took about 60 pictures--or more--of the woods, which will become the 'illustrations' for HD if I do decide to post it instead. (It's looking very promising for that to happen at the moment.) I was out for two whole hours, slogging through the creek, getting my hiking boots all muddy, and thoroughly enjoying myself. It was fabulous.

And it also made me realize how much I miss the woods--and how much I tend to get caught up in other things--things of the World, so to speak. Just going on that two hour walk with my camera really helped me think through some things, and cement some of my goals. I'll try to post a picture or two tomorrow--I'm rather proud of how some of them turned out.

But Bekah needs to get online now, so I'm going to head to bed.

Comments

Popular Posts