I haven't been writing. For me, that's like saying I haven't been breathing; it's that important to me. But Transformation seems to be a bit stymied, or else I have middlitis and I can't seem to quite figure it out, and I've been kicking around the house, waiting for Moving Day to come so I can clean said house, and watching the boxes pile up.

And I haven't been writing. It's a bit irritating, really, but at least I've read a few good books in the meantime.

But today, I crossed something off my list of things to do that had been on my list for quite some time. A few weeks ago, I got the edits for The Seventh Secret, book 4 of the Jacob Lane series. And I wasn't in the mood to read that book again, so I kept putting it off and putting it off. It didn't help that I had to do the cover, too, and had to reinstall PictureIt (yes, I'm using really basic software here, but hey, whatever works) and I just wasn't in the mood.

Well, today at lunch, I decided that I might as well start the edits. And reread The Seventh Secret. And I discovered that it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was. In fact, it had me a bit teary-eyed there for a moment, and I think I actually wrote a decent fourth book. It's a lot darker than the other three, and Jacob grows up a lot in this one, too. But that had to happen eventually, didn't it?

So tomorrow I'm going to reread Transformation, so I can at least try to make it work one more time before I let it lie and move on to something else. After all, I have Fire and Water to rewrite, and other things on my various plates. But I've had my hiatus, writing-wise. It's time to get back into the saddle once more.

Comments

Popular Posts