I had kind of vaguely decided to try to get up earlier on the weekends before it started getting too warm outside, so when it is 90+ in the shade in July/August, I can get up earlier without a problem and work outside in the garden before it gets too hot.

Well, for the past two days, I've woken up at 7am, which is early enough, thanks! I even tried to sleep in a bit this morning, but it didn't work so I gave up. Of course the one window in my bedroom is east facing, so I get all that wonderful morning light, but I've been waking up right before sunrise, so that can't be the entire reason.

I'm going to make Oatmeal Cinnamon Bread this morning; not for breakfast, alas, but to see if the recipe needs anything added so I can do a timed overnight bread to be ready in the morning one day soon. And I have to make up my list for the day so I don't forget anything that I need to do.

One of the quilts I got in the lot of quilts is going to become my new summer quilt, because my current summer quilt (that I've had for years and years and years) is disintegrating. The backing is in good shape still, but the top is shredding, and washing it doesn't really help. It's polyester blend (in truth, I like it for the backing, because it's a really soft old flannel that somehow isn't hot in the summertime) so it's not an ancient quilt or anything, and I've kind of decided to make a new quilt top to go overtop and therefore be able to use it again.

I definitely have enough fabric for this attempt. ;)

And perhaps I'll write that down to do while I'm on vacation; that's a possibility, at least.

I left my window open last night, and my room was nice and cool this morning. The kitchen was a bit cold when I first walked downstairs, but when I looked at the temperature, I saw that it was only 63, which really means I can probably leave that window open all the time from now on. I like cool mornings.

I think spring is finally here to stay. :)

Comments

Popular Posts