Prototype the First:




Only one shoe so far. It has some issues, as you can probably see. But I love that fabric, and I only had a bit of it, and they will be good enough to wear, once I make the other one.

The sole is four layers of cotton duck fabric and two layers of cotton batting inside for warmth and cushioning. It's not much cushioning at all; it's definitely not as much as my other Mary Janes. My Featherweight would not sew through leather, and it has a little bit of trouble going through four layers of cotton duck and two layers of batting. Other than that, though, it was fine.

Not bad, for a First.

I didn't have any buckles, so the strap is sewn on, but it's at the right looseness/tightness for my foot. So that works. Here's another excuse for me to use up some of my vintage buttons, too.

Now I'm going to eat supper, and then do some stuff I need to do, and then maybe make the other one, since all I have to do is cut out the soles (and sew it, of course!)

Comments

Popular Posts