Well, so far, the lemon balm got hit, but it will grow back. I have faith. And I have so much of it anyway, that it's not a big loss.

The lettuce seedlings are still fine. The carrot seedlings are perky little things you can barely see. The lettuce plant in the garlic bed got hit, but it doesn't look like it will die from it. I probably should have sheared it off at ground level and eaten the lettuce, but I forgot.

The plants in the back flowerbed look okay, but the hollyhock is mushed down a bit. The bloody dock isn't happy, but I think it will be okay. The lovage is sending up new shoots. What's up with that?

As for the trees, my redbuds are still blooming and my dogwood doesn't look horrible either. The lilacs aren't happy--I imagine I'm not going to get much in the way of blooms this year, since they were just about to bloom when this happened. And I'm not sure about my roses. We'll have to see about them.

But all in all, so far so good. I do think the snow helped a bit last night to insulate things.

Ooooooh! SUN!!

(And I've decided to forgoe the auctions this weekend because I have to help clean a bit at Mom and Dad's, and I don't have anything written up. I may relist some things, all depending, but we'll see how that goes.)

Comments

Popular Posts