It's been raining all day long. Ick, ick, ick. My yard is mud and not much else!

But we survived the auction, and I--of course--bought a bunch of stuff I didn't really need. However, the majority of it was fairly cheap, so there's that, at least.

I bought two tables, one of which Dad says is too nice to use as a kitchen table. At the moment, we're using one like this (not in as good condition, but it's pretty close to being the same table), which makes me really want to check out the underside and see if it's the same maker.

I had intended to use this table as a kitchen table, but we also thought it was maple at first, but it's cherry. Hahaha, since the dealers didn't get this one! It has ugly casters on the legs, which can be removed.

It came with two leaves, which are darker in color than the table, but everything is nice and clean and it's practically perfect. The only problem is that if I don't use it as a kitchen table, what will I do with it? I have no room! Argh.

The other table is a bit more primitive.

But I think it's actually oak (as far as I can tell, at least) and I have always wanted one of these. Only, when I see them at Burlington, they are $100-$400, depending on whose pricing to go by. This one was $20, well within my price range. :) It has two drawers and a pull out bread board that has been replaced. Luckily, I actually have an extra bread board that might fit. I need to clean it off first. Dad says it's from the mid-1800s, and it has the original drawer pulls and everything. Old green paint, too. I am happy about this one.

Unless it gets too wet on the front porch, this will be our outdoor/picnic table. It's actually very sturdy, but the porch isn't what you could call level, so we had to prop it up a bit.


I have been thinking about getting some cast iron skillets, and maybe a griddle, depending on when/where I could get them. Well, when they go for $5 each (on average; the most I paid was $9, I think) then I just couldn't resist. I got 3 pieces of Wagner Ware, and the rest are unmarked. Now I have to read up on cast iron cooking. (I actually have a couple of doubles, and two griddles. So I might not keep them all. But we'll see.)

Last but not least, I bought three mugs. I might plant something in them, or use them; I haven't decided yet. The one I really wanted they kept passing over, so I bought these instead.

Comments

Popular Posts