I was at the rummage sale all day. I did come home for a bit and rode my bike back, but then hitched a ride with Dad to drop off a chest of drawers for Ethan and some of the stuff I bought. My bike is still up church. I'm half tempted to just leave it there overnight and ride it home tomorrow after church. (That's actually not a bad idea!)

I bought too much stuff, as usual, including two vacuum cleaners.

*hangs head*

I am NOT collecting vintage vacuum cleaners now. Honest!

But the one is a Kirby Heritage 2 Legend, and, well, just click on this. Could I resist?

The other one is a Eureka cannister vacuum, which can be the upstairs vacuum since it's really lightweight and it has a nice long hose so I can do the stairs easily. It also came with a bunch of attachments that the other upstairs vacuum (which is now looking for a good home) does not have. So I can clean thoroughly without killing my back. Yay!

I also picked up a Montgomery Ward cast iron waffle iron, which needs a bit of help (it's a little rusty) but is otherwise cool, since it's patented 1925. I did buy one box of fabric, but in my defense, I did not buy the other three boxes of fabric, or the box of white sheets and pillowcases. I bought some kitchen utensils, a very old cookie press, some books, and a cool natural wreath that smells so good I hung it on my bedroom door. I found a couple of old spice tins in the free box, a Sunbeam Mixmaster stand mixer, and a folding hanging rack (like for clothes on hangers) that might work at one of the craft shows. But really, that's about it.

And that was enough!

I did not buy the sewing machine. But Mom and Dad did. :)

Somehow, I'm not sure that's any better!

No one even considered buying the Kirby, though. I really couldn't pass it up.

(I think that's going to be on my tombstone. "She just couldn't pass it up.")

Comments

Popular Posts