I had a nightmare this morning. I'm calling it a nightmare just because of the people involved.

I'm not going to name names, but we were at church and it was just over. Someone higher-up in church was talking to some people at the back, and he spouted off some rhyming thing that was revelant to whatever he was talking about. I could tell he had made it up right then.

There was laughter around him, and applause, but I thought he was just trying to get admiring attention. So I said to my sister (not bothering to keep my voice down) "That's scary!"

Well, this person turns around and says, "Will whoever just made that comment come forward?"

Instead of hiding in the crowd like I usually would, I said, "I said it. It was a compliment, coming from me." (Meant sarcastically, of course. If you know me in real life, that wouldn't be a surprise.)

And I thought that was the end of it, until I got out to Bekah's car. I guess I had left my purse in the car (I never do that) and my cell phone was turned off, which I also never do. I turned it on and discovered that every number was now wired differently--if I pressed '3' for home, I got someone else (Nancy Dark, who was a psychic, evidently; the cell phone listed her name as Dark, Nancy.) Oh, and I had this little tiny laptop thingy (it was really tiny, maybe twice the size of a paperback book and fully everything) that had been messed with too.

And then a boy from church came up while I was puzzling over this problem, and when I said something to him, he said something that he had only done what he was told, which was bring my purse to the higher-up person in church.

Niiiiice. I was attempting to figure out how to call home (still) when I awoke, and I was angry enough to consider legal action against this person.

Of course this all stemmed from church yesterday (I tell you, I should just stop going) and not getting out for an hour and fifteen minutes while someone told the parishoners to bring all their buddies in October, because that was the only month that counted in the attendance counts for downtown.

Everyone's worried about the numbers. And what, pray tell, do numbers have to do with religion?

Comments

Popular Posts