I need to clean my room again.

I noticed, over the weekend, that things are getting quite cluttered. I have stuff piled everywhere; stuff to post, stuff that needs to be packed and sent to Storage, and stuff I thought I wanted to post but then decided to keep.

I can't sit in my writing/knitting chair because it is piled with the box full of yarn I bought at Burlington on August 22. I have yet to clean out that box or organize the new yarn.

I really have found that I don't work well amid clutter. I like a certain amount of clutter, but when my room is messy, my brain is messy and I can't concentrate on things I need to concentrate on. (Incidentally, I'm not expecting to get much in the way of writing done when I move. After things are put away, yes. But not during.)

So, therefore, with that in mind, I have decided that this week is cleaning week. And that I need to reclaim my calm from the clutter and stop worrying about things that aren't mine to worry about.

Malachi arrived in the midst of Kyren's confession to Gabriel. Josiah trailed behind, quite embarrassed. Poor Kyren got put in the hot seat again (although it is all his fault, so I can't really pity him) and he's about to answer Malachi's loaded question.

I have been neglecting them these past few weeks. And while House things will continue to happen and I will continue to post things as they happen, I have other obligations as well (like edits) that also need to be completed.

Cleaning my room will make everything else fall into line. :)

Comments

Popular Posts