It's October this Friday. Where did the summer go? Heck, where did the year go? I keep having to reread my archives just to remind myself that I did get things done this year and it didn't just fly by.

Well, instead of writing, I started another knitted animal, this one a cat. The bear is finished and I have a picture of it somewhere, which I will attempt to find. I think he turned out okay. Not great, not perfect, but good enough.

The cat, on the other hand, is just weird. I think part of my problem is that they are so big and I'm more comfortable with under 12 inches, not 14-15 inches. I am thinking about modifying the pattern so I can knit gingerbread ornaments, and perhaps a couple of 10-inch gingerbread men and/or bears. I've always wanted to have Christmas-themed stuff at the Christmas craft shows, after all, and this might be my chance to make something I can live with (and give the leftovers away for Christmas presents.)

See, my problem is that there are a lot of patterns for a lot of Christmas-themed crafts out there, but they're all either ugly, cutesy-country, or just too out of my range of interest. But I can see knitting non-cutesy-country gingerbread men and bears without sacrificing my stand against cutesy-crafts. (Yes, it's a pet peeve.) I'll go so far as to call it primitive folk-style without getting into the cutesy-primitive style. There you go.

I have standards to uphold, after all. ;)

And a lot of yarn to use up.

I also, once upon a time, crocheted a cute little angel ornament, which I might attempt to replicate as time draws nearer to November. We shall see.

I will write today. I'm not giving myself a choice.

Oh, and yesterday we went to the second Goodwill and bought more stuff, but I didn't get any more cashmere sweaters. I bought stuff I will actually use instead. Oh, the horror. (Not that I won't use the cashmere sweaters. I did mean to start the quilt this weekend, but the sweaters took a bit longer than I expected to dry.)

Comments

Popular Posts