I need a vacation.

Yesterday on my way home from work, I discovered that the shortcut was closed, due to high water. (They are notorious for closing this road in the wintertime, and leaving it closed for weeks even after the water has vanished.) I blew up. I cursed and carried on all the way through the detour (I hate the detour) and only calmed down when I stopped to get an ice cream at the Dairy Bar.

This is two blowups in a row, here.

It didn't help that the air conditioning at work only works at the back of the building and yesterday was a really bad eyestrain day due to the glare on my glasses and my computer screen.

It didn't help that in the morning it is 55 degrees and in the afternoon it rises to 80 degrees, making the clothing you put on in the morning too hot for the afternoon.

It didn't help that I couldn't write on the computer last night, due to said eyestrain.

(And it doesn't make sense that reading really small print helps. Is it just the transition?)

It didn't help that my mom's spy said the bank gave a tentative closing date of Oct. 15, which would mean I would be moving the weekend before Christmas. (Although it could be worse. It could be January. And it's kind of poetic justice a bit there, because that's when I moved the last time, after all...)

It didn't help that it's the end of our fiscal year, and this year I'm feeling a bit stressed because I don't really have a supervisor at the moment. (Although there's good things in that as well.)

It didn't help that all but one counselor has gotten back to me about the unbilled authorizations. And that counselor who hasn't gotten back to me was in the office yesterday and Monday, and didn't do a damned thing, damn her anyway.

Anyway, that was yesterday. I remain hopeful that today will be a better day.

Today, I'm supposed to go to my coworker's house after supper and work with Mabel some more. Which should be fun. :)

Comments

Unknown said…
You forgot to Breath, didn't you? Well, next time double the number of treats ;-)

Popular Posts