Last night, I was forced to write the following letter via Planet Feedback:

TO:Craig F Maier, CEO
Frisch's Restaurants, Inc.
2800 Gilbert Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45206

FROM: Me

Dear Mr. Maier,

I'm writing to bring your attention to a problem I had with the menu choices at your restaurant. I'm sure you value your customers and want to keep them, so I hope you will take this complaint seriously and come up with a quick resolution. I'm specifically talking about your restaurant located at Bethel, Ohio.

Here's what happened: I enjoy eating at my local Frisch's restaurant, and especially enjoy ordering the salad bar. For years now Frisch's has had the only salad bar with all of my favorite slightly unusual items--sunflower seeds and Russian dressing.

Imagine my surprise when I visited my local Frisch's tonight and ordered the salad bar, only to discover that there was no Russian dressing! I asked my waitperson about it, and she told me that they no longer carried Russian dressing. Now, I can understand cost-cutting, but the salad bar is rather expensive, and to not have a decent Catalina French (not the orange icky "French" salad dressing) or Russian dressing is just preposterous.

In truth, the salad bar is my favorite Frisch's menu item, and the one I get the most. Without a decent salad dressing, I will be forced to patronize another restaurant like Arby's or Wendy's.

I told the lady at the checkout that I was not pleased with the removal of my favorite salad dressing. She asked me to fill out a comment card, which I did, and said that I was the eighth or ninth person who had complained about the missing Russian salad dressing. So I know I'm not alone.

My overall experiences with your company have been very unpleasant. I will never eat at your restaurant again. I will avoid recommending you to others. Here's how I'm hoping you will fix the problem: I would like the return of the Russian dressing to the salad bar. Failing that, at least a decent Catalina (RED) French would be acceptable. Otherwise, Frisch's will no longer receive my patronage, because 90% of the time I only get the salad bar, and there's no point in getting the salad bar if all the salad dressings are unpalatable, is there? I appreciate your taking the time to read this. I hope you can help me with my problem. The sooner, the better.

Sincerely,

Me

--------------------------
Now, some of you might think it's rather silly to write a letter to Frisch's to complain about the removal of a salad dressing, for whomever's sake. But I say it's not silly at all, because if they remove one thing, then what is stopping them from removing another?

What would happen if Frisch's decided to stop carrying pumpkin pie?

There aren't that many restaurants in Bethel. There are no other restaurants that have salad bars. The closest salad bar other than Frisch's is at Lake Manor (where they have fake crab meat, homemade Russian dressing, but no sunflower seeds.)

Frisch's has always had Russian dressing. As far as I know, it's the only restaurant that has had it ever. To just arbitrarily remove it really makes me mad.

We shall see if I receive a response. If I do, I will be batting three out of four at Planet Feedback.

Comments

Popular Posts