I woke up this morning, then fell asleep and dreamed about the beginning of So You Want to be a Vampire. All the way into work I kept getting flashes of scenes (and arguments--I think this book will have a lot of arguments in it.)

At long last, I think I know how it begins now. I'm going to write down a bit this morning, just to get it down on 'paper', but now I have incentive to finish Scarecrows asap. (Am I avoiding the Nightshades rewrite? Partly. It's still sitting in the back of my mind, fermenting. I don't think, after SCR is finished, I will be ready for NS yet.)

I brought Home Buying for Dummies home from the library last night. I'm glad I didn't buy it. In truth, I found much of the same information on the HUD website, and it was clearer and easier to understand. I think I probably will finish the book, just for the inspections chapter to see what they say. So far, the book is full of anecdotes and stuff I don't think I need to fool with that complicates the whole thing. And I've already figured up a budget with what I can afford to spend, etc., so I'm ahead of the game in that respect.

I also brought home Bernard Clayton's New Book of Breads. Yum. Perhaps I will bake some bread sometime this weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts