So, yesterday, Ester looked like this as I worked to get the heddles on straight:


But today, after an hour and a half of warping, we progressed to this:


A close-up:

I am weaving twill! Ha!

So far, I'm having a lot of fun with this. I may do something larger next time; this is the sample for the craft show on the 22nd, so I can't finish it too quickly. I thought a plaid would be a cool thing to try. It will, I think, eventually become a scarf.

Warping was annoying, but not too terribly difficult, really. It took an hour and a half to warp for a scarf, though, so anything larger will have to be done in a long block of time.

Then, I washed almost all the dishes (I'm out of room so the rest will have to wait until tomorrow), cleaned up and reorganized the living room, and finished cleaning the loom room. I also swept most of the hallway, and ended up with enough cat hair for another cat. And I'm doing laundry, too!

I made room for all my looms, both spinning wheels (I've been practicing on that, too) and I actually have room for the loom I'm getting here in a bit (once it's shipped) that I will talk about later, because I have a whole big idea about these looms which includes making one. And I am almost done with the purple scarf.

Of course, I'm still in my pajamas, but let's not talk about that. I do still have to get a shower sometime this evening.

To do yet: the entry room, laundry room, and the rest of the kitchen. So that's the rest of this week's project, but we'll see how much I get done with tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts