I have a sneaking suspicion that something is going to happen in SCR this weekend (well, I hope this weekend, but at least soon) and it's not going to be nice for my characters.

Kyren's currently talking to Gabriel. Gabriel's being awfully nice, all considering. I'm so proud of him. ;)

There are far too many people inside the Hunt's house, though, so I have to do something with them. Hmm.

Accepted the price, with caveats (there ended up being two.) I expect to hear something today or tomorrow, all depending. Things seem to be going awfully fast.

And I think I realized why the house has been up for sale since March. Occupancy is 60 days after closing (I tried to talk her down to 30, but no go, and I don't really blame her because she has a lot of stuff to get rid of) and a lot of people wouldn't be willing or able to wait that long.

I can wait. I have no other house to sell and while moving will be a long, drawn-out process, it's not going to be a really huge deal, in my mind. I have time. It's not like there's not plenty of storage space inside the house for the stuff that won't get unpacked right away. (Like the unmarked boxes and the boxes marked 'Stuff'. *g*

Here's what I figure. If everything goes well, then I will move stuff out of storage as fast as possible and go through boxes in my leisure over the winter. The boxes that are marked (books, kitchen stuff, craft stuff, etc.) will easily be put into the correct rooms. I really think we can move most of everything in a weekend. All I really need help with is the dining room set. (Mental note: Call uncles with trucks when things are finalized.) After all, I moved in December last time, so moving in December this time would just bring things full circle.

If all goes well, I will celebrate Christmas in my new house. :) Amid boxes, of course, but still.


Comments

Popular Posts