It's my Dad's birthday today! Happy Birthday, Dad!

Yesterday was, in fact, a Good Day. Although I got nothing done writing-wise, knitting-wise, or anything-else-at-home-wise, it was still a Good Day. I think today will be a better day than Tuesday, by all means.

Both Mabel and I are learning, because I am not used to walking that fast and she is not used to walking with someone at all. Therefore, I occassionally trip over her, something she probably thinks is hilarious. We'll get better. She's a smart dog. (I'm not so sure about her human, but we'll see.)

Hildy decided to move her house around until she had her food bowl inside the house again. I moved it back to fill it up, and she spent all of last night rearranging things once more. I'm sorry, dear hedgehog, but it's much easier to fill up the food bowl when it's visible!

Got a call from my realtor yesterday on my way home from work. The appraisal is today, evidently. And the tentative closing date is still Oct. 15. Urgh. (I know, I know. It could be worse.)

So anyway... barring any major problems, it looks like I will be in the house by Christmas after all--well, the weekend before is slated to be Moving Day. So no Christmas celebrations with the family at my house, needless to say. Unless, of course, people want to wade through boxes.

I have also decided that I need to take up woodworking, because I found the perfect things to hold my yarn and fabric, but I am not paying $150 per unit. Now, if I can find them cheaper, I will so be there. (There are always these at Target, but the other ones are much more workable.) Okay, so a quick search on google netted nothing, darn it all.

But wouldn't it look nice to have a whole wall of those in my studio/office? (Yes, I have that much yarn and fabric. And don't talk to me about plastic containers. Fabric needs to breathe, dammit.)

I might buy one. Just to see if it's duplicatable, because I'd like one with bins of varying sizes. Or adjustable. (I see woodworking in my future, I really do.)

Add to that a wall or two of bookcases in the library/entry room (which is currently called the 'breakfast room') and I'm talking some major money here. But it's not like I have to buy everything at once. Right? Right. (Okay, it's not really major money. Major money is major. But this is major to me, who has never spent more than $100 on a piece of furniture (yet.)

Although Dad and I can do bookcases. We've done them before, after all.

So anyway.





Comments

Popular Posts