I didn't buy any tables. I didn't see any tables that I really wanted to buy, either, so all is well on that end. I did buy two chairs, but chairs are easy, and these almost match the seatless chair I got at the auction last weekend. The chairs were $15 for both of them, so they were a good deal. (Obviously the one in the middle is the one I bought last weekend.) And I just had to take a picture of the floor that Ethan and Bekah cleaned so nicely!



I also got a WagnerWare cast iron teapot--for $12! It has some rust, mostly on the inside, which I'm attempting to boil away at the moment, but it's really not bad rust, so it should work. My kitchen just smells stinky, because I'm using vinegar and water. Ick.


After Burlington, we drove to the Artisan Center at Maple Creek, which is a new place down the road that has classes and everything--and expensive, but beautiful stuff. However, the prices for the handmade wooden spoons weren't bad, so I got myself a cherry tea scoop (I'm sure it's supposed to be a coffee scoop, but whatever) and a maple tasting spoon. Quite pretty! They had a set of measuring spoons, even, that were neat as well.

I have always wanted to carve spoons. I wonder how hard it would be?

Now I'm at home and very, very sore, because I was on my feet all day yesterday, and then walking around today. So my hips hurt, even with the help of my walking stick. I think part of the problem was that I'm wearing shoes today and not sandals (boots, actually) which I haven't worn all summer long. (I'm even wearing socks!)

We counted bows today--including one crossbow, which was rather cool. Ten in all, if I remember correctly. The neatest longbow was decorated with beads!

Comments

Popular Posts