Okay, so a cleaning update:

My room is almost done. I have to put away my clothes and my shoes. (Everything is sorted out, though.) I also have to go through one drawer of short sleeved shirts, but that's about it. I've already discarded the ones that stretched out of shape in the laundry. And last, I get to sweep the floor, but I'm waiting until last for that because I tried sweeping earlier and the kittens went ballistic.

The exercise bike is behind my door, so that means I brought the Davis treadle back out into the hallway, which is okay. The bookcase I bought at the yard sale fits sideways right as you're going up the stairs in my hallway, and it looks fine, so that works too. The only thing I don't like in the hallway is the Willcox & Gibbs treadle, because it's blocking half the bathroom doorway. Hopefully when I clean up my office I'll find a place for it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I found a place for my coatrack and my rocking chair. I'm surprised I didn' t have more trouble with that. My chest of drawers is back under the clock, and the little oak desk is beside my bed. I put the cedar chest where I store my pjs under the window I leave open. It all looks good, and as long as I get the rest of it done, I can say that I actually accomplished something today!

Comments

Popular Posts