I will be redoing my website bit by bit over the next few weeks; I did the index and the bibliography page this evening. It took me forever to get the index page right, but I think I like it now. I needed a change.

It's been really, really hot all week long, but the humidity's been very low, so I haven't had to turn the air on yet! We're having Arizona weather, evidently. The only big issue is that the low humidity is drying out the ground so much that I'm having to water again. Not the main garden (yet), but the cistern bed and the blueberries, so far. We'll see how things look tomorrow when I go out to water again.

Otherwise, I picked a bunch of tomatoes and some dried beans last night, and I have more beans to pick (dried ones, that is) tomorrow, perhaps, if I get out there. Hopefully by the end of next week the weather will be normal again, or whatever passes for normal around here.

And Full Moon is still chugging along.

I got my electric bill today in the mail, too. It doubled, and so did my water usage, but I did water the garden (and my apple trees) a couple of times with the hose, and I have been using the hose periodically for the front plants. That it doubled doesn't really faze me because we did use the air conditioners quite a bit while it was so hot. And while my air conditioners are set pretty high anyway, I also don't use them while we're not home. So if I had, it would have quadrupled, I think, since it's been so hot.

My goal was to keep the electric bill under $100; it was $104. So not bad.

Comments

Popular Posts