I also ordered a cistern pump--if it works for the well, then I can get water out of it as well. Yes. One of those cast iron ones. If it doesn't work, I'm out $30. I thought I might as well, since the shipping wasn't any higher.

I cleaned out one of the bins on wheels and filled it up with water. The other one needs a bit more scrubbing.

My bucket is an empty cat litter container, because my 5 gallon bucket is too big to fit down the hole.

My rope is one of Mabel's leashes. Works perfectly.

I've had to yell at Cleo not to get away from the open hole more than once. (I cover it when I'm not getting water out of it, of course, by putting the pump back up.) If she falls in, I told her, she's in there for good.

Yes, I'm mean. And no, I wouldn't leave her in there if I could save her. But still. Stupid cat.

I have a sourdough starter starting, but I'm afraid it might be too warm. We'll see in a couple of days, though (I'm trying wild yeast.)

And it passed 80 in the upstairs hallway for the first time since the weather started to get warmer. When I'm cleaning upstairs in my room and the office, I expect I'll have to clean with the air conditioning in the window, unless I clean in the middle of the night, which is possible, I guess.

I stopped at a local Amish store and they had homemade granola, so I had to buy some to try. It's yummy! They put vanilla in theirs, and coconut. Usually I don't like coconut, but I didn't even taste it.

I'm making crockpot chicken again, with two chicken breasts and in my small crock pot. So far so good. It looks quite yummy.

Comments

Popular Posts